The media landscape is evolving and shifting rapidly to favor those who are nimble, multi-spectrum, and global. However, most media entities are massive conglomerates, often controlled primarily by a small group of investors or an individual. Fired Up Media is designed to evolve with this changing landscape, but first you need a map. Fired Up Media’s work sits at the intersection of these organizations and efforts, serving to pull together independent, youth, and public service media efforts and those aimed at educating the world on the issue of global warming. The Fired Up team sees this focus as a lens, rather than a filter, that takes in the entire global media landscape.
- Deny Climate Deniers Some Business!Hi All, This new app is making the rounds on social media, but here’s a blog from my friend Connor Gibson at Greenpeace explaining how YOU can avoid buying products from the Koch Brothers! Avoid buying Koch Industries products with new phone app! Posted on May 15, 2013 by Connor Gibson Here’s a cool new toy. A popular article on […]John Deans
- A Primer on TransCanada’s West-East PipelineLast week, TransCanada announced that it is moving ahead with its proposed Energy East pipeline which would carry oil from Alberta to Atlantic waters. If you are among those getting confused by all the different pipelines making headlines—Northern Gateway, Line 9, Kinder Morgan, etc.—this primer is for you! What is TransCanada’s Energy East pipeline? TransCa […]maryam adrangi
- Keystone XL Environmental Impact Consultant’s Cozy Relationships with Fossil Fuel InterestsOriginally posted on Checks & Balances Project. Environmental Resources Management (ERM), the consulting firm hired to perform the supplemental environmental analysis of the Keystone XL pipeline works for and has worked for fossil fuel companies with a stake in the Canadian Tar Sands. Mother Jones’ Andy Kroll exposed the conflicts of interest in an exclu […]gabrielelsner
- Deny Climate Deniers Some Business!
Robert van Waarden Climate Photography
- Deny Climate Deniers Some Business!: Hi All, This new app is making the rounds on social media, but here’s a b... bit.ly/17wg2He 3 days ago
- I sent in the Macalester Alumni Divestment Letter! Read it here: mission-investor.com/2013/05/11/mac… Join in: campaigns.gofossilfree.org/petitions/maca… via @gofossilfree 1 week ago
- Macalester Alumni Open Letter Supporting Fossil Fuel Divestment wp.me/p1DjG8-E 1 week ago
- RT @om: I think it is time for @marrisameyer @johndoerr @reidhoffman to do the right thing & quit @fwd_us & follow @elonmusk’s lead. 1 week ago
- @ElonMusk is having a week of being awesome. Keep on being awesome. Better than iron man! allthingsd.com/20130510/elon-… grist.org/news/tesla-get… 1 week ago